Early Childhood Educator – Diploma Qualified
Manuka Childcare Centre (MOCCA) has been part of the Manuka and wider Canberra community for more than 50 years and as such our community connections are a critical element of our work with young children and their families. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land each day through our relationships, connection to country and our approach to learning and teaching. We are strong proponents of children’s rights and the development of ethical curriculums, we value authentic partnerships with families, and celebrate the joy of human diversity.
About the role
We are looking for the right person to join the MOCCA team full time for a 12-month maternity leave position, with the possibility of ongoing employment. The role will be to work in collaboration with a well-established team to develop and implement education and care programs for young children. At MOCCA we embrace innovation and a strength-based approach to our work with children and families, and are looking for applicants with these attributes and values.
Skills and experience
We are looking for educators who have:
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Strong knowledge of the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics;
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent) or an ACECQA approved Degree qualification;
- Working with Vulnerable People Registration (ACT); and
- First Aid qualifications.
As a valued member of the MOCCA team you will enjoy:
- Above award wages;
- Paid shutdown period during the Christmas and the New-Year break;
- Meaningful professional learning opportunities;
- Family friendly workplace; and
- Ample public parking is available within a short walk of the centre.
To apply for this position please email your resume and application cover letter addressing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please call the Director, Robby McGarvey on (02)6295 6503. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close 31 July 2019
MOCCA encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities, male educators and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.