Assistant Director – Second In Charge
Manuka Childcare Centre (MOCCA) has been part of the Manuka and wider Canberra community for more than 50 years and as such our community connections are a critical element of our work with young children and their families. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land each day through our relationships, connection to country and our approach to teaching and learning. We are strong proponents of children’s rights and the development of ethical curriculums, and we value authentic partnerships with families, and celebrate the joy of human diversity.
About the role
An exciting and rare opportunity is available for a qualified Assistant Director to join and lead our dedicated team at Manuka Childcare Centre (MOCCA). As Assistant Director you will work closely in collaboration with the Centre Director and take on specific management and leadership duties on a daily basis and will have full responsibility in the Centre Director’s absence. The position is ongoing with a 3-month probation period and is initially expected to be part-time at 32 hours per week but there may be flexibility with hours including the possibility of full-time for the right applicant. At MOCCA we embrace innovation, efficiency and a strength-based approach to our work with children and families, and as such we are looking for applicants with these attributes and values.
Skills and experience
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Leadership experience;
- Strong working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Strong working knowledge of the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics;
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent) is required, higher qualifications desirable;
- Managerial, administrative and HR qualifications or experience are highly desirable;
- Working with Vulnerable People Registration (ACT); and
- First Aid qualifications.
- High level knowledge of the National Quality Framework and Standards, the Early Years Learning Framework and committed to the implementation of these processes. Working knowledge of all statutory requirements, licensing and legislation relating to the provision of early education and care services.
- Proven leadership and coordination skills, including the demonstrated ability to successfully supervise team members in order to achieve quality client and organisational outcomes within time and cost limitations.
- Highly motivated and committed individual with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-developed written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the smooth running of the service and healthy team environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to the four core goals of Anti-Bias Education.
As a valued member of the MOCCA team you will enjoy:
- Above award wages;
- Paid shutdown period during the Christmas and the New-Year break;
- Meaningful professional learning opportunities;
- Family friendly workplace; and
- Ample public parking is available within a short walk of the centre.
To apply for this position please email your resume and application cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information and to request a copy of the Position Statement please call the Centre Director, Robby McGarvey on (02)6295 6503.
Applications close 7 June 2019
MOCCA encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities, male educators and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.